Heritage Institute Of Milk Sciences (HIMS), Hyderabad
- The Human Resources team of Heritage Foods Ltd., has established HIMS in 2010 and trainings are being offered regularly since the academic year 2010-11.
- The main objective of this institute is to train rural-based farmer's children in milk science and technology as a farmer's welfare activity.
- Six batches have been turned out and provided jobs at various Heritage establishments by 2016.
- Until now the duration of the training program is 18 months and the eligibility of the candidates is 10th class pass (which is modified from this year onwards).
- From this academic year the entry qualification is raised from 10th class to Intermediate and two distinct skill development courses are offered, one for Inter (10+2) Passed candidates and another for ITI/ITC/Polytechnic passed candidates.
- Prior 4 years minimum standing in rural schools is preferable.
- The medium of instruction continue to be in Telugu.
- For Inter passed candidates a training program on "Dairy Technology Skill Development" is offered with a duration of 12 months (2 semesters of 4½ month each with course work including Practical's and an exclusive 3 months Intensive Practical training) on various focused areas of milk processing, quality assurance, product development and related milk handling technologies and Information Technology..
- For ITI/ITC/Polytechnic passed candidates a training program on "Dairy Plant Maintenance" is offered with a duration of 6 months (1 semester) which includes Course work and intensive Practical training on focused areas of Dairy Plant Maintenance and Management.
- After completion of the above courses successfully, the candidates are absorbed in suitable positions across various HFL units in the country.
- This institution has neither affiliation nor recognition from any University / Government / Department and is an exclusive training facility of Heritage Foods Limited, Hyderabad, India.
- The trainings are offered free of cost exclusively to the village youth who stands qualified for the above courses respectively.
- Selected candidates will be paid a stipend of Rs. 3000/- per month during the training period.
- The successful candidates, after the training have to work with HFL for a minimum period of 2 years as a regular employee with appropriate salary for the grade.
- The institute has full-fledged teaching facilities and well qualified faculty to run the courses which were tailor made with adequate theory, practical's and hands on experience component to handle all milk related functions.
Please find below
Details of prospectus, academic related material and admission procedure.